Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Believing in Miracles

I am going to make a real attempt to think positive about this pregnancy. I am going to Expect Miracles because they can happen! When I went on webmd to do a pregnancy calendar it said the conception date was April 3rd and the due date is December 25th. When I found out that we were pregnant I said it is Addi's Angelversary gift to John and I and that we would have our Christmas miracle. I had no idea how true that was. I just want to point out though, that this baby was not conceived on April 3rd, there is no way. The last thing John and I were thinking of that day is having sex and making a baby. I am still going to think the "conception date" is a sign from Addi saying everything is going to go well and we will get our miracle baby just in time for Christmas.


On Sunday when we found out we were pregnant and I called my family and close friends to tell them and they were so happy for us. My sister even went to Babies R' Us and got the baby a stuffed giraffe and got me some chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva (yummy). Today, when I was at CVS getting a few things I saw a green baby blanket with a giraffe on it, I had to get it. It may seem crazy to buy gifts when I am only 4weeks and 5 days but I don't care. I want to try and enjoy every minute of this pregnancy and if that means buying a gift when I see it then so be it.


John and I also decided that we are going to call the baby coffee bean. I love coffee and can't drink it right now so by calling the baby coffee bean I get coffee all day, every day. We also were teasing that it will be hazelnut if it is a boy and french vanilla if it is a girl. John was talking to my belly the other day and he sniffed and said it smells like hazelnut:) He is just to cute sometimes! Neither one of us cares if it is a boy or a girl as long as it is born alive and healthy. I don't think that is asking to much, do you?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you keep collecting all the giraffes in the world for your little coffee bean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jean! What great news. Keep taking deep breaths. Stress is normal- savor the present the best you can.

    ReplyDelete