Monday, April 6, 2009

Angelversary Pictures

Saturday's Angelversary for Addi went really well. I of course was freaking out that morning because everything wasn't perfect and then at about 1 (the party was scheduled for 2) I decided it did not matter if it was perfect. People were coming to the house to be with us and help us remember Addi, not to see a perfectly clean house. Instead of rambling on about what Addison's Angelversary I will show you with pictures. There are a lot!



The gifts:






The flowers and Balloon:

The cake and cupcakes:





Addison's Angel Table:



As selfish as this may sound I was so glad that people brought Addison cards, flowers and gifts. It made me feel better knowing my friends and family remembered her and wanted to do something for her. People also donated money in Addison's name to the Empty Arms Support Group John and I go to because they know how much it has helped us.

Having this Angelversary get together was really good for John and I. It also gave our friends and family a way to show us they love her and miss her too. I think it may become a yearly get together.

2 comments:

  1. That is so touching that your family and friends came over for Addi's Angelversary. Everything is so lovely. I like Addison's angel table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not at all selfish that it made you feel good that your friends and family brought things for Addi. Today is my childs first angelversary (born 8/20/08) and I am always profoundly touched when anyone remembers. I think the hardest part for me is that no one remembers. For them, it is over and I just want my friends and family to REMEMBER. I doubt my parents or friends even remember that today is the day. Oh well. Glad you have a good support system and I am sorry for your loss. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete