Saturday, February 14, 2009

Is it just me?

I really feel like every time I turn around someone is pregnant or they just had a baby. Am I the only one who feels this way? It really devastates me when I see a pregnant person. I want to yell and scream, "I was pregnant too!" And "Be Careful because bad things can happen after the first trimester, they can even happen at full term!", but I don't say these things, I keep it locked inside of me and smile and say congratulations like your supposed to. When I hear that a friend or acquaintance has had a baby my heart breaks because they have what I should have and what I want more than words can say.
I also get very judgmental when I see people who are pregnant who don't take care of themselves (the cigarette in their mouth proves this). I don't get how come they will have a healthy baby, yet I took care of myself starting before I even got pregnant and I lost my baby. Please realize that I don't think anyone should have to lose their baby, I just get mad that these women are not taking care of themselves which means they are also not taking care of their unborn baby.
Jealousy and bitterness really isn't attractive, is it? Maybe once I get pregnant again and have a healthy baby I will get over these nasty emotions.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I think these feelings are normal for bereaved mothers. It's such a hard road. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you won't ever get over those feelings of bitterness. It's almost like these women don't realize how lucky they truly are- they take what they have for granted.

    You may not ever get over those feelings, but just imagine what an amazing mom you will be because you will know how special the gift is that you have been given.

    ReplyDelete